The opening of a community pool is like the unofficial kickoff to the summer season. You’re excited to relish your free time in the water. But before you do, take note of this easy-to-follow guide for apartment pool safety in Carmel. A few sensible safety measures will go a long way to keeping you and your visitors out of harm’s way when using this widely enjoyed apartment amenity.
Apartment Pool Safety Tips
Although fun and relaxing, swimming pools do pose a possible threat, especially for beginning swimmers. To ensure you have a great time, heed these fundamental apartment pool safety precautions for Carmel.
- Never swim alone: It doesn’t matter if you’re a experienced swimmer or a novice - you should always have someone else with you in case of an urgent situation. Mishaps can take place no matter your age, physical state, or athletic ability.
- Keep an eye on little ones: If you have young children, ensure they put on a correctly sized life jacket of buoyancy aid. And be sure to supervise your children diligently the entire time, even if they’re away from the pool. A toddler teetering on the edge of a pool is a disaster about to happen. If your children haven’t learned how to swim, the summer is an excellent time to enroll in classes.
- Finish your lunch before you jump in: Your mouth should be clear when plunging into the swimming pool to keep yourself from struggling for breath. So finish your meal and dispose of your chewing gum before testing out the water.
- Avoid diving, running, and horseplay: Pool surroundings are slippery, and apartment swimming pools are often not that deep. For these reasons, pushing, running, and diving is never a smart move.
- Avoid holding your breath underwater: We’ve all seen children challenge each other to a contest of holding their breath underwater. This is ill-advised for anyone as it can lead to passing out and drowning.
- Be smart about the weather: Take heed of the forecast, and if you note thunder or witness lighting, don’t disregard it. Get out of the water and stay safe.
- Follow all displayed guidelines: Your apartment community will have regulations posted. Adhere to them and make sure your guests do as well. They are designed for your personal protection.
- Keep the glass bottles at home: Go with plastic containers or cans when planning your day at the pool. Glassware and hard pool decks don’t mix. If a glass container breaks, it can quickly result in cuts on bare feet.
There’s no reason why you can’t friends can savor a fabulous time at your apartment’s swimming pool this summer. Just be certain to keep safety in mind whenever you’re near or in the pool.
Searching For An Apartment With A Swimming Pool In Carmel?
Get relief from the heat and enjoy the fun of an apartment swimming pool in Carmel at Lakeside Apartments. We have the high-end amenities you want and a broad range of floor plans to pick from. Schedule a tour to find your new home today. If you need more information, feel free to call 317-344-8491 and talk to a courteous member of our team.