If it’s time for spring cleaning or your Carmel apartment just looks grubby, a detailed cleaning can get it neat and tidy again. It can be easy to get overburdened when taking on too much at one setting. In an attempt to make cleaning your apartment more manageable, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel renters.
Your Carmel Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Every Room
Start with these tasks in every room of your place before taking on specific rooms to save time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel to track your progress.
- Throw away clutter.
- Look above you and dust in corners of ceilings.
- Dust the tops of doors and their frames.
- Wipe off all interior walls and baseboards.
- Remove grime from windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wipe down, wash, or shake out window coverings.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Use a mop or vacuum on floors and address any stains or blemishes.
- Don’t forget to dust the slats and any hard-to-reach spots of all ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Your Cleaning Checklist for Living Rooms
No matter if you prefer having friends over or sitting on your own, keep your living room orderly and accommodating with a proper cleaning.
- Freshen up furniture with a vacuum and spot cleaning. Use a pet hair attachment or lint roller if you have pets.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Wipe down electronics safely with a microfiber cloth.
- Polish wood furniture.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Be sure that everything you need like remotes and coasters are located nearby.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
The majority of unsightly spots in the dining room come from food. For dried food attached to a surface or floor, put a warm, damp rag over it for one or two minutes to soften it a bit.
- Brush loose crumbs off your surfaces and address any stickier areas.
- Dust chair backs and legs.
- Polish a wood table or employ a glass cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Go with a soft duster to clean off display shelves with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Apartment Kitchens
Kitchens can get smeared and splattered from your daily meal prep. You might use store-bought cleaning products to deal with the grease, but some chemical-free options work great as well.
- Wipe down cabinets with a cloth dampened with soapy water and follow with a clean damp cloth].
- Wipe down counters with an appropriate product for the counter material or simply use white vinegar.
- Wash out your kitchen sink with a solution consisting of water and baking soda. A little baking soda in the disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Follow it with water once it’s left for 10 minutes or so.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar inside. Then wipe out the unit with a clean rag.
- Boil a cup of water in the microwave to let the steam loosen up burned-on food debris. Remove any mess with a dampened cloth or sponge.
- Wash stove burner parts in your sink. Spray the oven door and stove with a cleaner or equal parts household vinegar and water and use a little elbow grease.
- Abide by the self-cleaning instructions for your oven or you can make use of the mix of baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Use a mild soap or an equal blend of vinegar and water to clean the refrigerator’s interior an exterior; then wipe away whatever’s left with a wet rag. After that’s complete, roll the fridge forward and use a broom to sweep the floor.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bathroom
If you despise cleaning bathrooms, complete these quick cleaning tasks every day so your bathroom doesn’t get too messy.
- Clean mirrors with a spray-on cleaner and a soft cloth.
- Wipe down countertops with proper cleaners for your surface or use a water and vinegar mix on a cloth.
- Wipe down cabinets with mild soap and follow with a a soft rag.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Wipe off the toilet with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Scrub the tub and shower with a vinegar mix or a suitable cleaner.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Carmel
You’ll sleep better in a clean bedroom!
- Clean up or reorganize your closet.
- Dust shelving and flat surfaces.
- Routinely wash the sheets.
- Pick up any errant dirty clothes and place them in the hamper.
- Make use of a vacuum attachment to dust below the bed.
Discover Your Next Apartment At Lakeside Apartments
A dirt-free unit adds to your comfort, but sometimes you would be better off with a new apartment entirely. Check out the roomy, well-appointed apartments at Lakeside. Call our leasing agents at 317-344-8491 or arrange a tour to get started.