If you’re hunting for a new home, you’ll notice different types of apartment buildings in Carmel. Almost all can be placed into the following classifications: high-rise, mid-rise, and low-rise. But which kind of apartment is best? Understanding the pros and cons of each one will help you determine what type of apartment you want to move to.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings typically have ten or more stories. You’ll see them in the heart of the city where their height gives them the ability to house lots of occupants within a reasonable plot of land. People who enjoy residing in high-rise apartments like them for the following reasons:
- High-rise buildings give you amazing views of Carmel.
- You find them in the heart of town within walking distance stores, dining, and nightlife. A great deal of high-rises actually boast shops or dining on their ground floor.
- They may lower your travel time if you have employment or go to school within the city.
- High-rise buildings have elevators, so you never have to climb a staircase.
- When living in a high-rise, all of your property’s occupants reside in the same place. This may give you a greater sense of community as you converse in the halls or when using the elevator. You could also enjoy the service of a doorman or concierge.
Even with its distinct advantages, living in a high-rise isn’t for everyone. Making your home in a downtown high-rise is entertaining and lively for some people, but there’s a good chance you won’t love it if you prefer peace and quiet. Departing for the day may also require a bit more time when you live in a high-rise, and an urban center may have a limited amount of convenient parking. Finally, high-rise units are often tiny to pack more homes into a set amount of space.
The Pros And Cons Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When debating between different types of apartment buildings in Carmel, low-rise or commonly referred to as garden-style options are the opposite ofhigh-rise ones. They typically feature no more than four stories and are located in the suburbs. You often see several low-rise structures at the same property with an abundance of space surrounding them.
So why should you consider a low-rise option in lieu of other types of apartment buildings in Carmel?
- Low-rises contain more units on the first floor, providing effortless entry to and exit from the building.
- Low-rise properties often boast more [parking spots for occupants and others.
- They have more exterior room to explore if you have a four-legged companion or a preference for grass and trees beyond your window rather than a busy city street.
- You’ll come home to the relative tranquility of the suburbs.
- You share common areas and hallways with less tenants and benefit from a greater amount of privacy.
However, not everyone seeks these advantages. If you would rather have the buzz and nightlife of urban life, a more serene low-rise complex won’t suit you. Contingent on where you work or study, you might be faced with an excessive drive from your low-rise apartment as well.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings have five to nine floors. You’ll find them in both urban and suburban areas, so they blend the benefits of other types of apartment buildings in Carmel:
- When finding a mid-rise unit in the suburbs, you’ll appreciate a quiet community and exterior area combined with the camaraderie of residing in a taller building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the center of Carmel, you won’t have as many neighbors as a high-rise but you’ll still take part in the thrill of city living.
Still Not Sure What Kind Of Apartment Building You Like? Come See Alluring Lakeside Apartments
At Lakeside, we combine a lovely property with a popular location to offer an amazing place to come home to. Call 317-344-8491 or arrange a tour to view our spacious apartments and sought-after amenities for yourself.