There’s a dizzying number of tasks to consider when you move to a new apartment home in Carmel. Following a smartly prepared list will ensure everything goes more smoothly. It helps you remember each important job, manage your time, and feel more in control. To help make your future moves less of a burden, we’ve compiled these crucial steps for your apartment moving checklist in Carmel.
8 Weeks Until Moving: Start Preparing
Don’t procrastinate! Your moving day will be more stress-free the sooner you prepare.
- Get organized. Use these ideas to get started on your Carmel apartment moving checklist and keep adding jobs to it when you remember something else.
- Notify your current leasing office. The majority of contracts require advance notice of usually 30 or 60 days before moving out.
- Review what your current landlord requires when leaving, like repairing damage, cleaning, and scheduling a walk-through. Add those tasks to your checklist.
6 Weeks Prior To Your Move: Get Ready For The Big Day
You’re now ready to start planning the day of your move and schedule movers.
- Finalize any loose ends concerning your new apartment property in Carmel. Verify the date of your arrival, double check the steps you need to take, and finish any outstanding paperwork.
- Employ a team of professionals or secure a van or truck. Reserve as soon as possible to ensure you get the date you want.
- Make babysitting or pet-sitting plans for moving day to keep kids and animals safe.
2-4 Weeks Until Moving: Box It Up
Having your things boxed up ahead of time will help you feel less rushed as your day approaches. Put your possessions in one of three categories: keep, donate, or garbage.
- Collect packing materials and boxes.
- Box up non-essential items and getting rid of things you no longer want. Always remember to use labels!
- Address any issues that are your responsibility in your prior home to get your deposit back.
- Amend your renter’s insurance with your new place.
- Submit a form to change your address and arrange for mail forwarding from the postal service.
- Schedule the transfer of your utilities or set up fresh accounts for your electric, gas, cable.
- Inform services and subscriptions of your change of address.
- Find where the most convenient shopping, hospital, and other attractions are within your new locale.
1 Week Prior To Your Move: Tackle Final Details
This week will be a little hectic but thrilling as you make your final preparations.
- Confirm the agreement you have with professional movers or rental truck suppliers and provide directions for the day of your move.
- Finish packing. Pack a small piece of luggage for the first couple days in your new place, and determine a secure manner to stow valuables and important documents to keep in close proximity.
- Sweep up your prior unit as you pack your last things. .
- Get your new keys and make a walk-through of your new apartment. List and follow-up on any visible maintenance problems.
- Get an idea where your furnishings will fit in your new apartment floor plan.
Your Big Day: Stay Organized!
It’s the big day! It will be hectic, so you should have your Carmel apartment moving checklist nearby to help you stay focused.
- Send your kids and furry friends with trusted family, friends, or paid sitters until the job is complete.
- Work with the moving crew as they pack and unpack the moving van or truck. Be sure to tip them and take care of any outstanding charges.
- Finish the final walk around of your prior place.
- Ensure you have utilities up and running along with working smoke detectors.
- Get the essentials laid out at your new apartment, such as bedrooms, eating utensils, and toiletries.
Add A Tour Of Lakeside Apartments To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Carmel
You must decide on a new apartment before you start planning your move. What about Lakeside Apartments? Our Leasing Specialists are ready to give you an on-location or online tour of our wonderful property and help you find the perfect floor plan for you. Add a guided tour to your to-do list and dial 317-344-8491 or request a tour today to learn more.