Making a contribution for the environment doesn't have to be a major task. Even when you live in an apartment, there are many actions you can do to help protect our planet for generatiosn to come. Basic chores like choosing reusable items and saving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to embrace green apartment living in Carmel, here are some basic steps to get you started.
Replace Your Single-Use Products With Reusable Items
Avoid one-time disposable containers and paper products for cleaning. Try adding reusable items in your routine. Here are a few simple swaps to think about.
- Water bottles: When utilizing amenities like a gym wouldn't it be more ideal to take a strong reusable water bottle rather than a weak disposable vessel? Steer clear of sending plastic to garbage dumps by using a water bottle you can top off.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your reliance on paper towels and instead, use washable dish towels or microfiber cloths to wipe down countertops, cooktops, and other messy surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why throw away your pre-filled soap dispenser in the trash when it's empty? Instead, use a durable replenishable soap dispenser. You'll find them in a range of styles to coordinate with your design aesthetic.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and reusable, you can uncover a variety of silicone products including produce containers, drinking straws, and even totes you can take to school or your workplace.
Go one step further and discover products like soap dispensers and water bottles created with recycled materials. This not only reduces waste but also encourages a more sustainable future.
Look To Preserving Energy And Water For A Green Residence In Carmel
Have you ever forgotten to switch off the water while cleaning your teeth or washing dishes? You are not a unique case. Staying conscious of water usage is an excellent plan for a eco-friendly apartment in Carmel. Additionally, be sure to switch off lights when exiting and turn off your computer.
Some additional tips for conserving energy:
- Examine your light bulbs and consider switching to LED choices.
- Reduce hot water usage by shortening steamy showers and doing laundry in cool water instead.
- Try to avoid running your HVAC system at full blast. Take advantage of natural airflow when possible in the summertime and keep cozy blankets, sweaters, and other warm clothing accessible in the winter.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Carmel
Even if you adopt the practice of carrying a refillable water bottle, you may still find an infrequent plastic one in your Carmel residence. Ensure you recycle it. Be sure to recycle everything you can, including empty toilet paper rolls, wine corks, and those cardboard containers that arrive at your doorstep. Find out if your neighborhood has recycling bins. If not, you can find them in the surrounding area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your place of employment.
Go green at your new Carmel apartment.
If you're looking for a new place to put into action your green apartment living ideas, consider the excellent options at Lakeside Apartments. Our Carmel apartments will enhance your way of life as you contribute to the health of the environment. You'll delight in the roomy units, exceptional perks, and attentive staff. Plan a tour or simply call 317-344-8491 to speak with a member of our team.