How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Carmel
Remote work is here to stay for countless employees, whether you occupy a multi-bedroom house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t have the benefit of a bonus bedroom to claim as your home office, but you are still able to create a worthy work area. Follow these straightforward recommendations and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Carmel.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Carmel
- Select a suitable desk. Selecting a desk of a proper size to fit your area is essential. If you work with a laptop, the desk only has to be around 20 inches deep. Your worktop is ideally around 28 inches off the floor and could be any width that makes sense for your space. Ensure you have area for an extra monitor. You'll be glad you have it when you have PDFs up, a conference call going, and various other windows open. Really tight on square footage? Try a two-tier folding desk you can stow away when it’s not in use.
- Where might your desk go? If you can slide your desk neatly into a corner, wonderful! But you might need to get more inventive on placement. A slim desk can be situated directly behind a couch. You could incorporate a small rug and desk lamp to identify the location as your home office. An empty wall within your room will also do nicely. Hang some pictures or intermix some plantlife so you aren’t staring at an unadorned wall all day.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re short on space, utilize your desk for more than a desk. Place it next to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t utilize a desk at all and work at your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Incorporate floating shelves. These home office add-ons work great when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have extra area for decor or supplies and can easily match shelving to your room’s particular aesthetic.
Would You Like A Change Of Pace? Consider Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another option in your own space? Implement a small standing desk so you can move around and stretch out. A reasonably priced adjustable laptop stand can help get your workstation at the appropriate height.
Here are a handful of additional space-saving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Carmel:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that fits nicely beneath the table
- Small storage containers that fasten to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-canceling headphones for loud kids and roommates
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Lakeside Apartments
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at Lakeside Apartments. We have many different available floor plans to fit your needs for living and working. Arrange a tour of our Carmel community or give us a call at 317-344-8491 if you need more information.